Help for Existing Non-Profits
In order to request assistance from the Pro Bono Clearinghouse, we will need to see a written request from your organization. The request should contain the following:
Mission and Description
- The organization’s mission statement.
- A description of the organization’s proposed or actual programs, activities, and services.
- A list of your organization’s Board of Directors, including their names and addresses.
- A mailing address, phone number, and email address for the organization.
- A phone number and email address for the organization’s primary contact person, if different from the above.
- A link to the organization’s website, if it has one.
Description of Legal Need
- A written statement of your legal request, providing a background and history of your current circumstances, as well as the kind of legal assistance you are seeking from a pro bono attorney.
If you are seeking assistance with a contract-related matter, please provide information about the institutions, business, agencies, or individuals related to the contract, along with their addresses.
If you are seeking representation for a lawsuit, please provide names and addresses and general information about any other individuals or institutions that are involved in the matter in any way, including the parties on the other side of the suit.
You may submit your request to email@example.com, or fax it to 212-244-4570, attention of Heidi Kim. You may also mail it to the following address:
New York Lawyers for the Public Interest
151 West 30th Street, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10001
After receiving your written request, we will review it and contact you about next steps. We may have additional questions that you will be required to answer before we can proceed with finding you an attorney.
If you have any questions, please call Heidi Kim at 212-244-4664. Thank you.